The MHA Fundraising website is operated by national charity Methodist Homes (MHA). We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold. All visitors to fundraising.mha.org.uk are welcome to access the site without disclosing their personal data.
This page provides information about the ways in which we collect and use personal data. It does not cover any third party websites to which we may provide links. Third party websites may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use.
We may update this Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time so please check back periodically.
MHA is a registered charity in England and Wales (1083995). A limited company limited by guarantee (4043124). Registered office: MHA, Epworth House, Stuart Street, Derby, DE1 2EQ
We offer people of all ages and abilities exciting and challenging opportunities to contribute towards a life free from isolation for the UK’s older generation – one of enjoyment where they can feel supported, able to contribute and enabled to live later life well. For more information, please visit the About Us page.
How do we collect information?
We collect personal information about you when you interact with us, register with us, enquire about or participate in our activities and events, make a donation, visit our website or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
We also collect non-personal information such as browsing data to help us to monitor and improve the performance of our website and other online tools (read more about our cookies policy below).
Additionally, we may receive information about you from third parties that we work with, for example JustGiving, where you have consented to them sending us your information.
What information do we collect?
When you interact with us we may collect personal information about you including your name, postal address, email address, telephone numbers, credit or debit card details and, where appropriate, dates of birth. We may also ask whether you are a tax payer and would give permission for us to claim Gift Aid on your donation. All online financial transactions will be encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). We do not retain your credit or debit card details.
We do not collect “sensitive personal data” about our supporters unless there is a legitimate reason for this (e.g. if you participate in an event for which we may need to provide support).
How do we use personal information?
We use the personal information collected for a number of purposes, including:
• to provide you with services, products or information you have requested or that we feel may be of interest to you where you have consented to being contacted.
• to provide further information about our work, services, activities, events or products where you have agreed to receive communications from us. You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by emailing FundraisingEnquiries@mha.org.uk, calling 01332 221641, or writing to us at the address above.
• to process donations or payments we have received from you.
• to further our charitable aims, including for fundraising activities.
• to register, administer and personalise online accounts.
• to register and administer your participation in events for which you have registered.
• to analyse and improve our work, services, activities, products or information (including our website) or for our internal records.
• to use IP addresses and monitor website use to identify locations, block disruptive use, record website traffic or personalise the way information is presented to you.
• to tailor advertising that is presented to you on the Internet according to your interests, preferences and other characteristics.
• to direct advertisements and other communications to other people who may have similar interests or other characteristics to yours.
• for administration purposes (e.g. contact about an event you have registered for or responding to feedback, compliments, comments or complaints).
• for fraud prevention, credit risk reduction or otherwise as required by law or regulation.
We will only use any personal information you send us for the purposes for which you provide it.
How do we protect personal information?
MHA only holds personal information collected for as long as necessary. We will never sell your information to third-party organisations. However, where we have your permission to do, we may share information with our trusted partners where it is necessary for a legitimate reason connected with the services we offer or where it is required by law or regulation. These agencies are not permitted to reuse the information provided in any other way. All personal information no longer required will be disposed of in a secure manner.
MHA employees who have access to personal data are obliged to undertake training and respect the confidentiality of this information.
Your updates and preferences
To ensure we’re able to keep in touch and provide you with updates about our work and upcoming activities and products, holding personal information about you that is up-to-date is important to us. Should your circumstances change, please make us aware by completing the Contact Us form.
MHA complies with the Fundraising Preference Service to give you the full control of the nature and frequency in which we make contact with you. You can update your contact preferences by calling us by emailing FundraisingEnquiries@mha.org.uk, calling 01332 221641 or writing to us at the address above. Please note, should you wish to opt-out of receiving communications from MHA, we will retain your details on our suppression lists to help ensure that we do not contact you.